“Discover the Center.” That’s the motto taken on by the city of Bedford, Texas—and for good reason. One of the many “Mid-Cities” between Dallas and Fort Worth, Bedford lies at the center of two of the largest cities in the state of Texas. This makes it a prime location for those wanting quick access to the myriad amenities of the big cities without the crowding and traffic.
If you’re considering moving to the DFW metroplex but haven’t decided which city to call your new home, you’ve come to the right place. Read on to learn some of the things that make Bedford unique among the Mid-Cities as well as how you can better prepare to make your move to the area.
Living in Bedford
Bedford residents rank above state averages in a number of ways. According to the U.S. Census Beureau’s population estimates, Bedford’s population sits at 49,486 as of July 2017. These residents on average earn $62,700 annually, which is significantly higher than the state-wide average of $54,700. This above-average income is thanks in part to high education rates, with 94.3% of Bedford residents graduating high school and 35.7% holding Bachelors degrees or higher.
More impressive still is the town’s high employment rate, estimated around 70.2%. Once again, this leaves the state average of 64.2% in the dust by a wide margin. Many of these employment opportunities come from the medical and financial industries, with Texas Health Resources Hurst-Euless-Bedford and the non-profit Carter BloodCare being the two largest employers by far. Insurance and education are also prominent industries in the area.
Things to Do in Town
Bedford may be on the smaller side, but the town boasts a vibrant cultural and artistic scene, rapid economic development, and ambitious plans for its town center. From weekly music and art events to beautiful outdoor parks and a bustling activities center, there’s no shortage of things to do in Bedford. Below is a list of a few highlights the town has to offer, as listed on the city’s official site as well as TripAdvisor:
- Bedford Splash Family Aquatic Center—Outdoor water park with pools for adults and children alike
- Boys Ranch Activity Center (BRAC)—Offers a variety of sports and fitness amenities as well as space for all kinds of events
- Bark Park—One of the many parks in town, offering fun amenities for dogs to climb and play on
- ONSTAGE in Bedford—Theater production group offering scheduled shows and events at local theaters
- Escape Pro—Challenging and fun escape room requiring at least 4 people to solve
- Quarter Lounge Arcade—80’s style arcade with quarter-operated pinball and retro arcade machines
- Turning Point Beer—Local brewery offering 12 beers on tap, specializing in hazy NEIPAs
- Big Shots Sports Cafe—Fun and laid-back bar with games and a range of vegetarian options
- Generation X Games and Comics—A huge comics and games store with a focus on card games
Planning Your Move to Bedford, TX
Anyone considering Bedford as as their new home should plan ahead to find a good moving company to help make the move as smooth as possible. A local company who knows the area well is key, and Great White Movers has over fifteen years of experience moving people to and from the Bedford, TX area. This local expertise combined with some glowing reviews makes Great White Movers the top choice for someone interested in moving to Bedford, whether it’s a local or long-distance move.
Being a local, family-owned moving company centered in Fort Worth, Great White Moving would love to not only assist you with your move to Bedford, but also help show you around the area. For a stress-free move at an affordable price, call Great White Movers or request a free quote online. With hourly and itemized pricing options, you’ll love our prices.